The next election is the November 7, 2023, Coordinated Election, which includes the Douglas County School District MLO and Bond proposals.
Important Dates - November 7, 2023 Coordinated Election
- September 11 – Last day for Secretary of State to deliver ballot order and content to county clerks
- September 22 – Military and overseas voters ballots mailed
- September 29 – Public Logic & Accuracy Test, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., Douglas County Elections Office, 125 Stephanie Place, Castle Rock
- October 16 – Ballots mailed to eligible voters beginning on this date / 24-hour Ballot Drop Box locations open
- October 30 – Voter Service and Polling Centers open through Election Day
- October 30 – Last day a voter may request a ballot be sent by mail
- November 7 – Coordinated Election Day from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. /Polls close at 7 p.m. including all Ballot Drop Box Locations and Voter Service and Polling Centers
- November 15 – Deadline to receive military and overseas ballots / Deadline to cure ballot signature or ID required issues through 11:59 p.m.
- November 21-22– Public Risk Limiting Audit, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Douglas County Elections Office, 125 Stephanie Place, Castle Rock
- November 27 – Public Canvass Board, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., Douglas County Elections Office, 125 Stephanie Place, Castle Rock
- November 29 – Deadline for County to complete canvass and submit official abstract of votes to Secretary of State
1. Check Your Voter Registration
Register to vote or update your voter registration at GoVoteColorado.gov. When you register to vote, you must affirm that you are a citizen of the United States; have been a resident of Colorado for at least twenty-two days immediately before the election you intend to vote in; that you are at least eighteen years old; and that the residence address you provided is your sole legal place of residence. If you are already registered, you may check your voter registration status, update your mailing address, and check or change your party affiliation.
2. Check Your Mailbox for Your Ballot
Ballots for the November 7, 2023 Coordinated Election will be mailed to the address listed on your voter registration record beginning on October 16, 2023. If you have not received your ballot by October 25, 2023, please contact the Douglas County Elections Office at 303-660-7444, or visit a Voter Service and Polling Center to obtain a replacement ballot beginning on October 30, 2023, through Election Day.
3. Vote and Return Your Ballot
Place your voted ballot in your official return envelope and Vote Early, Near You! Mail your ballot using a Forever Stamp and allow two to nine business days for delivery. Save on postage by using one of 21 secure and convenient Ballot Drop Boxes located across Douglas County, open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, October 16, 2023, through 7 p.m. on Election Day, November 7, 2023. If you prefer to vote at a Voter Service and Polling Center, you may surrender your mail ballot at the VSPC of your choice and vote in-person beginning October 30, 2023, through 7 p.m. on Election Day, November 7, 2023.