Arguments For and Against
Arguments For the Ballot Issues
A MLO/Bond would enable the school district to:
- Retain and attract excellent teachers and staff by increasing pay to be more competitive with neighboring school districts.
- Increase and maintain safety and security with additional support such as School Resource Officers and implementing school safety and security upgrades.
- Provide additional trades and career and technical education opportunities for students to further set students up for success after high school.
- Update, maintain, and construct educational facilities as described in the school district’s bond plan to ensure safe and adequate learning spaces and to reduce overcrowding.
Arguments Against the Ballot Issues
- The MLO/Bond would increase property taxes by $200 per year for a one-million-dollar home.
- Assessed property values are on the rise in Douglas County resulting in upcoming property tax increases.
- The Mill Levy Override does not have a sunset.
- The Bond would create additional debt service for the school district.